My husband and I love to cook together! It's our time together to catch up on the day with a glass of wine and relax, so it's important the recipe be stress free. Below is one of our favorite recipes to make together. It's quick, tastes delicious and luckily, we both love cooking with onion and garlic.
I believe the best recipes are those that are versatile and can be reworked many different ways so you never get bored with what you are eating. Fixing a meal takes precious time out of your day, so you want to have the freedom to choose what you enjoy best and you deserve to savor every bite of the delicious meal you prepared.
Cooking does not have to be complicated and I hope I show you that below.
Please email me if you have any questions.
"Our Special Pasta/Veggie Pasta"
Time it takes to make: Approximately 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
You will need:
- frying pan
- pot that can hold two servings of pasta
- cutting board
- sharp knife
- olive oil- enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- garlic- 2-3 cloves depending on how much you like, we like a lot
- onion- 1/2 of one
- salt- enough to sprinkle around the pan
- pepper- enough to sprinkle around the pan
- Vegeta (optional)- Croatian blend of spices you can find at most European markets
- zucchini and/or yellow squash- 1 of each or 2 of one
- eggplant- 1/2 of one or try to find a small one
- pasta- 1/2 to 3/4 of a box, we like Penne, but you can make this with whatever your favorite is
- parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese (optional)- enough to sprinkle on top
What you do:
- mince garlic and onion
- chop zucchini, squash and eggplant in 1 inch chunks
- heat oil in the pan on high to medium high
- fill pot approx. 3/4 full with water on high to bring to a boil
- add approx. 1 tbsp. of salt to water
- throw onion in pan and sauté for approx. 2 minutes or until shiny, before adding garlic
- sprinkle and stir in salt and pepper in pan and saute onion and garlic for 1 for minute
- add zucchini and/or squash, sauté on medium for approx. 5 mins. or until veggies begin to look really shiny on the skin
sprinkle and stir in Vegeta on zucchini and/or squash
- add pasta when water boils (hopefully right after veggies go in the pan) & read directions on box for cooking time
- add eggplant to pan, sauté for approx. 2-3 minutes or until skin is shiny
- drain pasta
- turn down pan to low heat
- mix pasta into veggies in the pan
- serve on two plates
- sprinkle on top shaved parmesan and/or if desired
"Enjoy!" Or as my husband says, "Dobar tek!" (Croatian)